Disney’s Private Island Paradise
Consistently rated by Disney Cruise Line® guests as their favorite port of call, Castaway Cay is the ultimate private island paradise in the tropical waters of the Bahamas. This oasis invites cruisers to enjoy balmy tropical weather and world-class recreation with renowned Disney hospitality. Plus, your signature Disney ship will dock right at the island to allow everyone to come and go as they please.
Something Special For Every Guest
Reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line® Guests on Bahamian and select Caribbean cruise vacations, Castaway Cay offers one-of-a-kind areas and activities for every member of the family, while celebrating the natural beauty of the 1,000-acre island.
For the young at heart there’s the clear turquoise water of Serenity Bay; a secluded beach for adults. It’s Shangri-La with ocean view open-air massage cabanas, the sound of waves lapping the shore and air always filled with indescribable calm.
At the Castaway Family Beach there are more family activities than you can count. Swim and snorkel in the sparkling sea, play volleyball on the shore or in the water, paddle a kayak, play supervised beach games or just relax under the rays. Kids (ages 3-12) have their paradise planned by Disney counselors at Scuttle’s Cove with bountiful beach activities.
Teens can choose from a kayak, scenic bike ride, playing sports or enjoying quiet time in under a palm tree. And of course, there are port adventures for everyone to enjoy. From stingray interactions, glass-bottom boat tours, parasailing, fishing and jet ski tours, these activities are for everyone in the family.
Water Feature and Water Play Areas
Slide and splash at a whimsy water feature called Pelican Plunge. The 2,400-square-foot floating platform, located within swimming distance from shore, includes two exciting water slides (an enclosed corkscrew and a 140-foot-long open slide), a giant “bucket dump” which delivers hundreds of gallons of water and water cannons for sharp-shooting fun with floating nautical targets.
On the island, a new 2,400-square-foot water play area will help guests cool off. There is also a fun “splash pad” providing water jets which squirt, spray and saturate. Parents can relax and have a seat, or join in the fun as kids frolic in the wet, whimsical setting.
Scuttle’s Cove, features a water play area for smaller kids. A 1,200-square-foot soft wet deck provides fresh-water fun with an array of pop jets, geysers and bubblers. Marine props, like a captain’s wheel, boat oars, life preservers and nautical rope, complete the castaway theme.
Castaway Family Beach
The Castaway Family Beach beckons families to enjoy the pristine white sand, build sand castles, relax under an umbrella and take a dip in the warm waters of the lagoon.
As an added convenience for guests, this area of the island also includes:
- A family lunch buffet location serving all-you-care-to-eat barbeque, island spiced rotisserie chicken, burgers, grilled fish, fresh salads, flatbreads, ice cream, complimentary soda and more.
- A beach bar mixing up drinks like Castaway Cay’s signature Konk Kooler, tropical concoctions, cold beer and non-alcoholic beverages.
- A beach rental location providing inner tubes, snorkels, masks and fins.
- A merchandise location selling a variety of Castaway Cay-exclusive items.
Guests can have a little piece of paradise all to themselves at one of 20 premium rental cabanas. These spaces provide the privacy and luxury of a deluxe beach retreat with an option to add the personalized service of a cabana host. Each cabana is furnished with cushioned chairs, luxurious chaise lounges, stylish side tables and a dining table. Other convenient features include a refrigerator, lockable storage unit, outside fresh water shower and deck shade. The majority of the 325-square-foot cabanas are on Castaway Family Beach with a handful of cabanas located on Serenity Bay.
More Castaway Cay Fun
- Swim and interact with stingrays in a private lagoon.
- Teens enjoy privacy on their own isolated white-sand beach just for them.
- A Game Pavilion provides games such as table tennis, foosball, billiards and basketball.
- Massage cabanas on the adults-only Serenity Bay Beach.
- Tram service throughout the island.
Also, don’t forget about www.visitcastawaycay.com, the Disney Cruise Line site dedicated to all the fun in the sun found on Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Enjoy our photos of Castaway Cay
Click a photo to open image viewer:
- It's pretty to look up and down the beach and see the different colored umbrellas.
- Welcome to Castaway Cay! (pronounced "key")
- The family beach early in the morning before guests started getting off the ship.
- Boats to rent and use for excursions.
- Lifeguards in the water early, waiting for everyone to get off the ship and start getting to the beach.
- Another view of the family beach.
- A view of the Cabanas early in the morning.
- At the dock at Castaway Cay. If you have a verandah on the port side, you can watch them shoot the ropes out and get it anchored. On the starboard side you can see the beaches.
- The entrance/exit onto the pier.
- Walking along the side of the ship to the transportation tram to the beach. You can walk along the path or you can take the tram.
- Tram stop
- Here comes the tram! The covered waiting areas are nice with the sun beating down.
- Castaway Air
- View of the ship from on the tram.
- Cute signs
- This booth is at the 2nd tram stop, down near Pelican Point.
- The new store that is at the 2nd tram stop.
- Buy the Seashore
- Here you can rent snorkeling equipment and bikes and rafts to float around on.
- Path down the beach
- Pelican Point
- The new expanded family beach area, right past Pelican Point.
- Pelican Point---the new water slides.
- Pelican Plunge
- They are very organized how you swim OUT to the slides and how you EXIT after you have come down the slide.
- Covered picnic table areas for Cookies Too BBQ lunch.
- Covered eating area
- Cookie's Too BBQ is the second dining area
- A drink station by Cookies Two BBQ. Both Cookies lunch spots have drink stations and ice cream stations.
- Private beach for those who have rented a Cabana.
- Cabana entrance
- Inside the cabana there is plenty of seating.
- A stocked refrigerator inside the cabana. Waters and sodas are available cold.
- They also provide more towels and fresh fruit for your convenience.
- Cabana 2
- Out on the back deck they provide sunscreen and sand toys for the kids to enjoy on the private Cabana beach.
- Each Cabana also has a hammock.
- You can see the Cabanas are separated by vegetation.
- View out onto the private beach for use by the Cabanas guests.
- Looking up at a Cabana from the path to the beach.
- Biking is a fun thing to do on the island. You can explore down the paved paths.
- Spring-a-Leak is the new water spray area.
- There are places for adults to sit and watch the little ones splashing in the water.
- The teens have a hideout area with sand sports, hammocks and a hang-out deck.
- The entrance to the teen hideout---doesn't look like anything is back there......
- Teen hideout deck
- Ready for fun
- Lounging for the teens!
- Lots of bikes to choose from!
- They even have bikes with child carriers on the back.
- Looking back down the family beach at the ship. In the center is a play area to climb and swing into the water. A life guard is there at all times.
- The Heads Up bar at the end of the first family beach.
- You can use special strollers, wagons and wheelchairs to get around the beach and sand.
- The Disney Dream